Wear-Con’s Rampart™ WC880™ & WC810™ are made of extremely strong abrasion resistant composites. Rampart™ WC880™ Matrix Carbide Technology is made with blended carbides with a minimum hardness of 770 Hv, and carbides up to 1500 Hv crystalized in a metallic compounded while bonded to a steel backing plate. WC880™‘s unique Matrix Carbide structure performs with very high impact and sliding abrasion resistant properties that not only reduce wear, but provide considerable savings in down time and lost production. Rampart™ WC810™ High Chrome Technology combine the very high wear resistant qualities of a high chrome white iron, (700 BHN) while also being bonded to mild steel to create a product that is exceptionally resistant to impact and sliding abrasion while retaining ductile characteristics.
- Cost effective alternative to hardfacing
- Superior edge retention and sharpnessr
- Easy to maintain and replace
- Reduces labor costs and down time
Rampart™ Welding Procedure:
- 45° Double “V” preparation on knife body and knife tip.
- Place the tip right angle and tack weld with 7018 (low hydrogen) welding rod
- Complete weld with 7018 (Low Hydrogen) using staggered techniques.
- Round sharp corners.
- Most popular sizes in stock
- Ready to ship to your location
- Non-stock sizes available for order
- Special sizes made to fit also available